Aims and objectives
IPAA National’s Vision is:
- for the IPAA organisational network throughout Australia to be recognised publicly as the professional face of a confident public sector, fostering high quality public administration at commonwealth, state and local levels.
IPAA National’s Mission is to:
- work with state and territory divisions and other like-minded organisations to promote professional standards and excellence in public administration, as well as to faccilitate discussion and debate on public sector policies and practices.
IPAA’s National Office strives to:
- be the public voice of the profession through having an active website and making policy submissions and public statements
- foster thought leadership by organising annual conferences and providing a web-based Knowledge Centre
- promote professional standards through publicising divisional training, making public service awards and forging partnerships
- build IPAA’s national capacity through a National Council, National Standing Committees and a National Secretariat.
The aims and objectives of the IPAA National website are:
- to act as a focus and entry point for the Institute’s activities at a national level
- to direct users to divisional and international sites
- to utilise the internet to assist the business of the Institute, for example through discussion forums or posting of papers, articles or reviews
- to act as an online repository and to provide national access to IPAA publications, papers and resources
- to promote national and divisional events and services
- to provide national resources and assistance to divisions
- to communicate key national messages to IPAA members.